Really easy Honeycomb recipe
200g Caster sugar
8 tbsp Golden Syrup
3 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Large heavy based saucepan
Baking dish about 30x20x6cm will be good for thick chunks.
Here's what to do:
1. Mix the caster sugar with the golden syrup into a paste in the pan.
2. Measure out the Bicarb and put aside
3. Heat the sugar mixture gently until the thermometer reads 'Soft Crack'
4. Take pan off heat and quickly stir in bicarb. Be careful as the mixture will bubble up quickly (hence the use of a large pan)
5. Pour into a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
6. Let it cool and then smash up the slab into chunks.
7. Store in an airtight container (that's if you don't eat it all at once)
food photographer | food photography | advertising | editorial | commercial photographer